1.25.2015

Abbot Kinney, Venice, Part 5: Organic Oasis












shoes: Gap skirt: Zara shirt: Forever 21 jacket: Miss Selfridge's backpack: Gucci

The painstakingly tedious college application process is looming ahead of me, and in a short year and a half, I will be spreading my wings and taking off to go live a wild four years of partying and cramming for tests and making entirely new friends, miles away from where I am at this moment. Intense. Anyway, as I sat basking in the breezy eighty-degrees-in-January Los Angeles weather doing practice SAT tests for hours on end, I realized that the most important part of my high school career is underway, and that made me think.... My life is about to begin. But I mean, really begin, where I won't be entirely reliant on my parents to pay for my movie tickets or to buy me a new pair of jeans, but instead I will be on my own, looking for a place of my own to live, and eating leftover Chinese food for breakfast, and trying to make my own living. These are the impressions I have gathered of life after high school from the many '80's movies/John Green novels I have read, and it got me really thinking about how I. am. just. not. READY!!!!!!! I'm still a kid, so I had better take full advantage of my short, blissfully supported childhood while I am gradually beginning to appreciate it. Happy New Year, everyone, and cheers to the start of a new life! (almost. still one and a half years, but it's coming up!!) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment