5.05.2013

A Garden Runway

LOOK #1





LOOK #2





 LOOK #3







LOOK #4






Finals. The word alone is shunned into hallways and under desks until the week everyone dreads during those short, blissful months after Midterm exams. When making study guides, quizzes, review sheets, and stacks of towering flashcards 7 hours straight, I strongly advise taking an interval to accomplish something wildly more fascinating and worth the time-- a fashion shoot. My lovely friends Bianca and Julia, with their willowy slender frames, were the perfect models for my first 'shoot'. I styled their makeup, hair, and wardrobes for the three scenes we shot at my house in the West LA mountains. For the 1st look on Julia, a sequin flapper dress, oversized jean jacket, and leather boots looked cool. To top it off, tousled hair with a jeweled 1920's-esque headband. For makeup, I lined eyelids with a dusty gold cream shadow and traced a liquid black line adjacent to the gold: pat some shadow in the middle of lips to give an iridescent shimmer. For Bianca (brown hair), a zig zag flapper dress and cropped leather jacket felt tough yet girly. I put her hair in a loose bun with a gold headband and a simple red lip finished her look. For look number 2, I dressed Bianca in a black bustle jacket and denim shorts and loose hair; I lined her eyelids with a shimmery emerald liner and mascara. For Julia, I channeled a china doll, going for side-pulled hair and a bow clip, cropped striped shirt, and a printed skirt. For makeup, I filled in her brows with a brown liner and applied mascara only to the bottom lashes. For the third look, I dressed Bianca in a lace dress and fur vest for a hippie style; lining her lids with black pencil. Julia wore a sparkly silver sheath with a leather jacket. Her eyes were rimmed with black liner and I added a thin streak of shimmery silver cream shadow under her waterline. For the last look, I dressed Julia like a mine and patted lipstick in the center of her lips. For Bianca, she wore a blazer, denim shirt, skirt and fedora for a fun look. Four simple yet chic ensembles!  







No comments:

Post a Comment